Ideas That Generate Results
Bulgaria Banking Sector Analysis
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Feb, 2008| No. of Pages : 80
The market research report, “Bulgaria Banking Sector Analysis”, is an analytical study of the thriving banking industry of the southeastern European country, Bulgaria, by RNCOS. It evaluates the product quality and the services provided by the Bulgarian banking industry. This report helps clients to dissect the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the banking industry in the country and detailed data supported with analysis helps investors, financial service providers, and global banking players to navigate through it.
The demand for banking services has grown as confidence in the sector has gradually returned and incomes increased since 1997. Total assets of the commercial banks rose by 45% in local-currency terms in 2005 and are estimated to have grown by around 23% in 2006. Banks have increased their lending, particularly to households, and have shifted away from their previous pattern of holding large deposits overseas. With the government running a budget surplus since 2003, lending to the private sector has been growing more quickly than total lending. After these increases, loans to the non-financial sector accounted for 66% of deposits in September 2006.
The Bulgarian economy is still mainly cash-oriented, but the use of debit cards is increasing. Credit cards are still not often used in the country, but the expansion of e-commerce and international travel is boosting the demand for this service in the country. Moreover, the creation of a centralized credit-reporting agency in 2004 will make it easier for the banks to offer credit cards to their customers.
- Bulgaria is one of the fastest growing countries in Eastern Europe by assets, loans, deposits and profitability of the sector.
- Housing mortgage loans is one of the hottest markets for the Bulgarian banking industry and is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of nearly 88% for the period spanning from 2007 to 2010.
- The credit card market in Bulgaria is all set to take off in a big way as it has a significant potential for expansion because only 3% of payment transactions are made by credit card.
- Point of Sale (POS) Terminals are growing more rapidly as compared to ATMs in Bulgaria.
- Among the deposits category, time deposits are anticipated to take lead over other kind of deposits from 2007 to 2010.
Key Issues & Facts
- Why Bulgaria is an attractive banking market?
- How competitive is the Bulgarian banking industry?
- What is hottest market for bank loans?
- What kind of deposits are set to boom?
- What are the various opportunities and challenges for the industry?
- What are the prospective areas of investment for the banks in near future?
- Which factors will lead to the growth of payment cards, loans and deposits in Bulgaria?
This section provides business overview and key financials of top players operating in the Bulgarian banking industry, including DSK Bank, Bulbank, United Bulgarian Bank (UBB), Raiffeisenbank and First Investment Bank.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various authentic sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
The in-depth analysis of the report has been done by using several methods, like ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, and linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting and cause and effect analysis.