Ideas That Generate Results
South Korean Banking Industry Analysis (2007-2011)
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : May, 2007| No. of Pages : 65
In the market research report on “South Korean Banking Industry Analysis (2007-2011)” RNCOS provides extensive research and objective analysis of the growing banking industry, their product quality, and services offered in South Korea. Facts and figures given in this report help clients to analyse the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the banking Industry in South Korea. It also helps investors, financial service providers, and global banking players navigate the evolving market of banks in South Korea.
Key Products Analysed
Key products namely Deposits, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, loans, and ATM facility are also analysed supported by the facts like the market trends.
Key Players Analysed
This section provides an overview, key facts, financials and stock performance of several players like Kookmin Bank, Hana Bank, Woori Finance Holdings Plc, Shinhan Financial Group and SC First Bank.
Key Issues and Facts Analysed
This report attempts to answer key questions that are critical for the success of banking sector in South Korea, such as:
- How competitive is the market landscape of Banking Industry in South Korea?
- The nature of the services driving the Banking Sector in South Korea?
- What are the various opportunities and challenges in this industry?
- What are the prospective areas of investment for the banks in the near future?
- Which factors will lead to the growth of bankcards, loans and deposits in South Korea?
- As per 2004 records, latest available, South Korea is ranked second after the United States in the number of credit and debit cards people holders (3.35 card per individual).
- Use of ATM only cards declined, largely due to the growth of debit cards and increasing use of Internet and home banking.
- Growing at a CAGR value of 12.29% during last five years (2001-2006), bank deposits reached US$ 531.7 Billion (Won 491869.3 Billion) at the end of 2006.
- South Korean Banks’ lending grew at a CAGR of 16.27% during the last five years. Total lending to the public was US$ 480.1 Billion in 2006.
- It is forecasted that Bank loans will grow with the CAGR of 19.29% during the period spanning 2007-2011 to reach US$ 1278.3 Billion (Won 1182540 Billion) in 2011.
- Implementation of Basel II accord will be main challenge for the South Korea banking industry.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.