Ideas That Generate Results
South Korean Food and Drinks Market: Emerging Opportunities
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Sep, 2008| No. of Pages : 60
The report "South Korean Food and Drinks Market: Emerging Opportunities" by RNCOS is a work of in-depth study and evaluation of the past, current, and future market trends in the Food, Beverage and Tobacco industry of South Korea. This report has been made to help clients in analyzing the opportunities, challenges and drivers critical to the growth of the industry in the East Asian country.
The report provides detailed overview of the consumption patterns of South Koreans in various food segments, like consumption of milk, fruits, vegetables, meat etc; the beverage segment talks about the type of beverages, their sales and consumption patterns among South Koreans; and the tobacco segment provides brief description of the tobacco industry in the country.
For the purpose of this report, following conversion rate has been taken:
1 WON = 0.00108368 US$
Key Findings of the Report
- Consumer expenditure by South Koreans on food, beverages and tobacco reached to an estimated US$ 90 Billion in 2007 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of approx. 9% from 2008 to 2012.
- In wealthier markets, environmental concerns have added sustainability to consumer demand for healthy and convenient products.
- Increasing affluence and changing lifestyles have fostered greater consumption of processed foods and beverages in South Korea.
- Organic food market is forecasted to swell at a CAGR of 22.5% during the period 2005 to 2010.
- Despite limited trade liberalization, the inability of domestic producers to meet the burgeoning demand for variety means prospects for processed product imports are bright over the medium-term.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed in the Report:
- Market size of the South Korean food, beverage and tobacco industry.
- In-depth analysis of various segments of food and beverages.
- Study of factors that are driving South Korean food, beverage and tobacco industry.
- Dissemination of key opportunity areas and issues to be addressed.
- Brief profiling of major players (both domestic and foreign) of the industry.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the brief profiling about the major players in the South Korean Food, Beverage and Tobacco industry, including Nongshim, Lotte Confectionery Co. Ltd, Jinro Distillers Co. Ltd, Doosan, Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co. Ltd., Nestlé, KT&G, British American Tobacco and Philip Morris USA Inc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
RNCOS industry forecast and analysis is based on various macro- and microeconomic factors, sector and industry specific databases, and our in-house statistical and analytical model. This model takes into account the past and current trends in an economy, and more specifically in an industry, to bring out an objective market analysis.
Our industry experts study the relationship between various industry and economic variables to ensure the required accuracy and desired check on the quality of data and information given in the report.