Ideas That Generate Results
Slovakia Automobile Sector Analysis
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Aug, 2008| No. of Pages : 45
Slovakia, the third-largest automotive manufacturer in central Europe, is among the fastest growing automotive markets in the Central & Eastern European Region (CEE), with the industry production growing almost two-fold (93%) in 2007 from the previous year. In percentage terms, the Slovakian automobile industry expanded by 93.3%. However, the country manufactures most of its automobiles for export, and this trend will continue in future, says the market research report “Slovakia Automobile Sector Analysis”.
This report provides a comprehensive review on the growth rationales, challenges and market prospects for the Slovakia automotive industry. It gives a detailed overview on the industry segmented into turnover, production, sales, export and investment, and predicts the future direction of the industry.
Key Highlights of the Report
- The automotive industry is the main driver of the Slovak economy, with the sector accounting for around 35% of total industrial production in 2007.
- Total production of the Slovakian automotive industry surged huge 93.3% and reached 571,071 Units in 2007 as compared to the previous year.
- Slovakia’s geographical location and relatively cheap labor force drives its automotive industry.
- From longer-term perspective, R&D will play a greater role to increase the chances of sustained growth once Slovakia’s advantage in terms of labor costs disappears.
- The Slovakian automobile industry is export-oriented. In 2007, the total automotive export from the country reached 564 Billion SKK (US$ 27.07 Billion) as compared to 402 Billion SKK (US$ 19.30 Billion) in 2005.
- Entry of new market players such as PSA and KIA will diversify Slovakia’s automotive industry and will help it to grow further.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed in the Report
- What are growth rationales and market prospects of Slovakia automotive industry?
- What is the current statistics of the Slovakia automotive industry?
- Where does the Slovakia auto industry stands vis-a-vis the European auto industry?
- What are the challenges for the industry?
- Who are the Key players in the industry?
Key Industry Players Analyzed in the Report
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the Slovakia automotive sector such as Volkswagen, PSA and KIA Motors.
Research Methodology Used
Information in this report has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods used in the report include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.