Ideas That Generate Results
Opportunities in Asian C-store Market
The Convenience Store (or C-store) industry in Asia has shown tremendous growth over the past few years, making the region No.1 in C-store development across the world. The rapid economic development, along with the booming retail industry, has been propelling the growth of C-store industry across various Asian countries. Moreover, the increasing share of modern retail outlets and emerging trends in organized retailing are anticipated to drive the growth of c-stores in Asia in near future, says "Opportunities in Asian C-store Market”, a research report by RNCOS.
The report provides extensive research on the growing c-store market in Asia and highlights various technologies which are being integrated into c-stores at a fast pace. It provides insight into the c-store industry across various countries in Asia and brief overview on the consumer behavior. The report helps the client analyze the trends in c-store retailing across Asia and identify the key emerging markets in the region. Future growth areas and roadblocks evaluated in the research report will help the client to align their business strategies as per the changing market dynamics in the region.
For the purpose of this research report, Asia includes: Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Japan and Indonesia.
- Share of modern retail in Asia increased to 49% in 2006 from 40% in 2001.
- Concentration of modern retail trade in Asia is expected to account for 54% of the total retail industry by 2010.
- Total retail sales in Asia are projected to reach US$ 6.138 Trillion by 2012, with more than 80% of retail sales concentrated in three countries - Japan, China and India.
- North Asia accounts for close to 90% of the c-store industry.
- C-store density is highest in Japan and Taiwan, with more than 350 stores per Million people.
- In future, Indonesia, Vietnam and India are expected to be the potential c-store markets.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Different retail formats (traditional and modern) in Asia.
- Market size of the Asian c-store industry.
- Country-wise analysis of the c-store industry.
- Factors responsible for the growth of c-store industry in Asia.
- Challenges to be faced by the Asian c-store industry.
- Study of consumer behavior in different Asian countries.
This section covers the key facts about the major players currently operating in the C-store industry in Asia, such as 7-Eleven, Tesco PLC, Taiwan FamilyMart Co. Ltd. and Lawson Inc.
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.