Ideas That Generate Results
Global Smart Card Industry - Future Outlook (2007)
RNCOS’ “Global Smart Card Industry - Future Outlook (2007)” report provides extensive research and objective analysis on the Global Smart Card Market, its performance and its future prospects. It helps the clients to analyze the trends and developments in global Smart Card industry as well as gain exclusive insights of industry in eight important countries namely US, Canada, Brazil, UK, Russia, France, India, China, South Korea, and South Africa.
The report contains detailed data on Global as well as Country-specific smart card markets i.e. smart card industry value, smart cards shipments, application of smart cards in the Financial and Telecom market etc. It helps the clients to understand the driving forces of smart card industry along with the detailed future opportunities.
- There is a huge demand for smart card across the world, as it’s widely used in almost every sector. The main demand driver is the telecom market.
- The Latin American and the Asia pacific smart card markets have potential to grow above the existing rate but the high initial cost will be a limiting factor.
- Smooth integration with the existing systems is going to be the key for success in the nascent smart card markets. Of the various countries across the world, South Africa is seen as a high opportunity region.
- The rapid technological developments in smart cards are going to further strengthen its market. The envisioned multiple uses of a single smart card will enhance its value, thus, further boosting it sales.
- The future opportunities are immense particularly in Mobile sector, Banking Sector, and Biometrics.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- What are the trends in global smart card market with respect to market value, Shipments, and various application sectors, such as Banking, Telecom etc?
- What is the situation of smart card industry in specific countries mentioned above?
- What is the potential of smart cards if they are used with Biometrics Technology?
- Which are the top ten smart card companies?
- What are the driving forces for the smart card industry?
- What are the Challenges associated?
- What are the future opportunities for smart card?
This section provides the overview, key facts, financials, and stock performance of several players like STMicroelectronics, Infineon Technologies, Gemalto, Giesecke & Devrient, Oberthur Card Systems.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.