Ideas That Generate Results
Indian Food Processing (2006)
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Sep, 2006| No. of Pages : 40
The Indian food processing market is one of the largest in terms of production, consumption, and export and import prospects. Since India is one of the major food producers worldwide, with new reforms, it presents exciting opportunities for commercial openings for a wide range of investors across the globe.
RNCOS’ report, "Indian Food Processing (2006)”, provides research and objective analysis on the Food Processing Industry in India. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities critical to the success of the food Processing Industry in India.
India Food Processing Industry
This section analyses the performance of the Indian food processing industry. Currently, processed food accounts for merely 2% of total food production in India, which is very low as compared to the western countries. Taking market forces such as rising income level and changing consumer behavior due to rapid economic growth into consideration, it is expected to reach a growth rate of 10% in 2010 & 25% in 2020. In food processing sector, dairy products (includes milk, Ethnic sweets etc) and packed food provides immense opportunities for investment.
- Currently, the Indian food processing industry is basically export oriented. Although domestic consumption of processed food is low but it is fast picking up with rising income levels & changing consumer behavior due to economic growth.
- Indian processed food industry provides competitive advantages over other countries due to cheap workforce, government initiatives (tax holidays) & availability of raw materials.
- Existence of untapped large consumer base with rising income levels.
- Indian food processing level as compared to countries like USA, France & Malaysia continues to remain very low. However, with the emerging positive market forces, it is all set to boom.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Sectoral performance of the Indian food processing industry.
- The market forces driving the industry & the challenges faced by it.
- Major Domestic & Foreign players existing in the Indian food processing industry.
- The opportunities existing in the Indian food processing industry.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the Indian Processed food industry, domestic players including Dabur Foods, Godrej Industries, Hindustan Lever Limited, Britannia Industries Limited, ITC Limited & foreign players includes Nestle, PepsiCo, Cadbury.
Information has been sourced from namely, Books, Newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.