Ideas That Generate Results
Indian Oil & Gas Industry: An Industry Analysis
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Nov, 2006| No. of Pages : 70
RNCOS report – “Indian Oil & Gas Industry: An Industry Analysis” provides an objective analysis on the Oil & Gas sector in India along with detailed information on the exploration, production and other processes. Annual consumption figures and future growth projections are also included in this report. It gives a detailed overview of the opportunities, challenges and critical success factors for the growth of the industry.
- India, in 2004-2005, met 75 %of its crude oil demand through imports. The domestic production of crude oil has been in the range of 30-34 Million Metric Tons from 2001-2005. About 60 % of its crude import is from Middle East.
- The consumption of natural gas grew at a CAGR of 2.7 % in the period 1999-2005, supported by rise in availability through domestic and imported sources of gas.
- Oil comprises 36 % of India’s primary energy consumption in 2005, and is expected to grow both in absolute and percentage terms driven by overall economic growth. Growth in demand is expected to catapult the overall demand to 196 Million Metric Tons in 2011-2012 and 250 Million Metric Tons in 2024-25.
- Demand for oil is expected to grow from 119 Million Tons Oil Equivalent (MTOE), from 2004, to 250 MTOE, during 2025, at an annual growth of 3.6%. During the same period domestic production from existing developed reserves is expected to grow at approximately 2.5 %.
- Natural gas comprises 9 % of India’s primary energy consumption at present and it will be 14% of energy mix by 2010. Demand for natural gas is also likely to increase at an annual growth rate of 7.3%.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- What does the competitive market landscape look like for the Indian Oil and natural Gas Industry?
- How urbanization, Industrialization, deregulation of oil and Gas sector are driving the market?
- How are refining prospects in India?
- What are the key issues facing Indian oil and gas industry?
- What are the various opportunities and challenges before this industry?
Key Players Analyzed
Oil India Ltd., Oil and Natural Gas Commission, Indian Oil Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Gas Authority of India Ltd., and Reliance Industries Ltd.
Research Methodology Used
Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments, and Access to more than 3000 paid databases are the sources of information being referred to for gathering credible and reliable information on this industry.
Analysis methods applied include: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.