Ideas That Generate Results
WiMAX - A Market Update (2006-2007)
RNCOS’ report “WiMAX - A Market Update (2006-2007)”, discusses the various aspects of the WiMAX technology. The report gives an overview of the current WiMAX market. It explains the standards followed, the spectrum allocations and the market operations. It also talks about the implementation scheme of WiMAX as a technology. It addresses the various drivers to WiMAX such as performance, coverage etc. that are pushing the implementation of this technology.
The different applications and the potential users of the technology are covered in detail. The future market prospects along with the upcoming trends have also been covered. A section has been especially devoted to the key players in the WiMAX industry.
- As per our research, most of the WiMAX deployments across the world are still in a trial phase providing only high-speed internet service but, in future, the largest markets for WiMAX will be for mobile applications.
- The number of worldwide WiMAX users is forecasted to reach 14.9 million in 2009, creating over $13.8 billion dollars in service revenues for WiMAX market.
- WiMAX is expected to become a predominant portion of the broadband wireless access market by 2009 because of the wide support it has achieved from leading equipment vendors.
- The Asia-pacific region has the largest share in terms of WiMAX subscribers, attributed to large population and emerging nature of economies in the region.
- The regions like Eastern Europe and Latin America are increasingly adapting to WiMAX technology due to less broadband penetration level.
- In more developed regions like in Western Europe, WiMAX adoption has been slow due to the high levels of broadband penetration.
- North America is by far the leading region in terms of the number of WiMAX licences, with a total of 394 WiMAX license holders.
This section provides the overview, key facts and financial information of the industry major players like Alvarion, Adaptix, Airspan Networks, Proxim Wireless, Redline communication, Siemens etc.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- What are the present trends in the WiMAX Market (with respect to total market size, users, licences, spectrum, equipment revenue, expenditures etc.)?
- What is the future of WiMAX Market globally, region wise and country wise?
- What are the factors that are driving the WiMAX Market?
- What are the success factors of WiMAX?
- What are the key Challenges to WIMAX?
- What are the applications and opportunities associated with WiMAX?
- What are the prevailing conditions in different countries that are supporting WiMAX?
- What is the status of different WiMAX service providers across the world?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, industry news and developments and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.