Ideas That Generate Results
Opportunities in Retail Sector - China (2007-2011)
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Aug, 2007| No. of Pages : 70
"Opportunities in Retail Sector - China (2007-2011)”, a report by RNCOS, provides extensive research and rational analysis on the retail industry in China. This report helps clients to analyse the opportunities and factors critical to the success of retail industry in the country. It underlines the key issues the industry is facing and provides a prudent analysis on its various aspects.
The report analyses various market segments and retail formats present in the industry. The overview on opportunities and future forecast helps the clients analyse the future course of direction and major growth areas of the industry.
Retail is one of the major industries in the world. It has played a key role in improving the world's productivity and has been a major contributor to the economic growth of developing countries. In 2006, total sales of retail industry across the world are expected to have reached the phenomenal value of around US$ 12.1 Trillion. China retail industry is third largest emerging retail markets in the world and in past, the market has forged ahead with the CAGR of 12.38%. The booming economy, increasing income levels, deregulation of retail sector and increased confidence of Chinese consumer makes china a lucrative market for international retail players.
- Hypermarkets will have the highest growth potential among different store formats.
- Cosmetics and toiletries, apparel, furniture, washing machines and computers will be the top five fastest growing categories in the forecasted period.
- Organic food sales will remain buoyant in the coming years. It is expected that the organic food turnover will be US$ 400 Million by 2007.
- Per head disposable income will increase with the CAGR of 11.52% during the forecasted period and will give thrust to the overall retail industry.
Key Issues Analyzed
- The research report addresses some vital issues critical to the success of retail industry in China, like:
- The market size and scope of the retail industry.
- Evaluation of current market trends.
- Analysis of various challenges and opportunities for the industry.
- The factors driving growth in this sector.
- Various retailing formats in China retail industry.
- Detailed discussion of consumer behaviour.
- Market position of key players in this sector.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key players currently operating in the China retail industry, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Carrefour SA, Wumart Stores, Inc., Shanghai Bailian Group Co. Ltd., etc.
Research Methodology Used