Ideas That Generate Results
Opportunities in Asian Medical Tourism (2007-2010)
RNCOS’ report “Opportunities in Asian Medical Tourism (2007-2010)” provides extensive research and objective analysis on the Medical Tourism Sector in Asia. This report has been written to help clients in analyzing the opportunities critical to the growth of medical tourism sector in Asia. Detailed data and analysis will help the investors to comprehend the changing dynamics of the healthcare industry.
- With global revenues of an approximate US$ 20 Billion (2005), the medical tourism industry is the one of the world's largest industries.
- With increasing number of non-insured population in western countries and increasing healthcare expenditure to GDP resulting in people to opt for treatment options out- side their country.
- The cost-effective treatment in Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia and India combined with almost nil waiting time makes Asia a lucrative destination for medical tourists.
- Growing medical tourism in Asia will be one of the major sources for foreign exchange.
- In Asia, India and Thailand will emerge as key players in the Asian Medical Tourism Industry.
Key Facts and Issues Analyzed
The research report also addresses the facts and issues that are critical to business success, such as:
- What are the emerging trends in the Medical Tourism Industry in Asia?
- What is the future scenario of the Medical Tourism Industry in Asia?
- What are the initiatives taken by governments to promote Medical Tourism?
- What opportunities exist for the Medical Tourism Industry?
- What is the market potential in Asia?
- What Challenges are faced by the industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides the overview and key facts of prominent players like Global Choice Healthcare, PlanetHospital, MedRetreat, Globe Health Tours, Indushealth, Wockhardt Ltd, Apollo Hospitals, St. Luke's Medical Center, Mahkota Medical Centre etc. in the Asian healthcare market.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.