Ideas That Generate Results
European Convenience Stores Market Report [2006-2008]
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Apr, 2007| No. of Pages : 55
RNCOS’ report “European Convenience Stores Market Report [2006-2008]” provides extensive research and objective analysis on the growing number of convenience stores, their product sales, and technological trends in Europe. This report helps clients to analyze the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of convenience stores market in Europe.
This report reviews the stores and industry practices across the globe and provides an insight of how convenience-retailing business is shaping up seeking to address the gamut of issues raised by this new standard-bearer of world retail.
In recent years, with convenience stores operators initiated on strategic moves to improve operation; enhance performance and differentiate from the competitor to position themselves — the changing nature of convenience retailing and the margin pressures brought on by encroaching competitive formats is driving C-store industry consolidation.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to your success, such as:
- What is the market size of the European retail store industry, with regional segregation?
- What are the demographic factors influencing the European consumers’ behavior?
- What and where are the growth prospects and issues related to the industry?
- What are the factors driving growth in this sector?
- What are the technologies that can help convenience store markets to improve their operations?
- How these technologies are increasing operational efficiency in this industry?
- Who are the major players in European convenience Industry, their presence and strategies being used by them to improve profitability?
- Despite increased sales, the number of convenience stores is falling in Europe because of consolidation in this industry.
- Germany is the Europe's largest industry and generated 27.5% of the region’s revenues in the year 2005.
- Belgium service station market has increased with highest CAGR value of 13.8% for the period 2001-2005 among all the countries considered in this report.
- In future, it is expected that the Netherland’s service station market will grow with the highest CAGR value of almost 4.5% for the period spanning from 2006-2010.
- Germany would remain at the numero uno position in terms of service station sales value in future with US$ 106 Billion followed by Italy and UK with around US$ 69 Billion in the year 2010.
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the C-store industry such as Carrefour, 7-Eleven, Tesco Plc, Kroger, Koninklijke Ahold N.V., WM Morrison Supermarkets Plc and J. Sainsbury Plc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.