Ideas That Generate Results
Convenience Stores Market - Worldwide (2005-2008)
RNCOS "Convenience Stores Market - Worldwide (2005-2008)" report provides research and objective analysis on global Convenience store (C-Stores) Industry. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities critical to the success of Convenience store Industry in world. Asia Pacific remains the fastest growing Convenience stores market in world. Economical growth, technological advancements, rising income levels, changing consumer preferences & convenience remain the major market forces for conveniences store industry.
This section covers the performance of Convenience Stores industry at regional as well as country level. Currently, convenience store industry’s development level differs from country to country. Western world Convenience store industry remains well developed & growing at slower pace. Asia Pacific remains the major contributor in growth due to shifting consumer preference to modern trade from traditional trade. Hypermarkets remains the fastest growing retail format followed by convenience store.
- Asian region remains the fastest growing convenience store market in world. Major retail markets registered explosive growth in opening up of new convenience store except Japan. In future Indonesia, Vietnam and India are expected to be the next potential markets for convenience store players.
- Convenience stores sell three-quarters of all the gasoline purchased in the United States but with the industry evolution the number of Convenience store industry-selling gasoline is declining.
- Changing consumer preferences, life style, rising income level, which is heavily influenced by economic growth, remains the major driving force in Asian region.
- Gasoline theft is a major problem for retailer in US. It is estimated that on average one in every 1,100 fill-ups was gasoline theft.
- China remains the fastest growing market for convenience store industry in Asian region. Convenience store industry in India is in nascent stage because C-store concept is not fully developed in India.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Market forces driving the industry & challenges faced by it.
- Major players in global convenience store industry.
- What opportunities exist in global convenience store industry?
- Major potential markets for C-store industry?
- Convenience store products’ sales at global level.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the C-store industry such as Carrefour, 7-Eleven, Tesco Plc, Kroger, Koninklijke Ahold N.V, WM Morrison Supermarkets Plc, and J Sainsbury Plc.
Research Methodology Used
Information in this report has been sourced from namely Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods used in this report include: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.