Ideas That Generate Results
Consumer Electronics Market in Brazil (2007-2011)
Format : Adobe Reader (PDF) Upto 24 hour delivery
Publish Date : Nov, 2007| No. of Pages : 60
The RNCOS report "Consumer Electronics Market in Brazil (2007-2011)” provides an extensive research and rational analysis on the consumer electronics market of one of the fastest growing consumer markets of the world - Brazil. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the success of consumer electronics industry in the country.
The report has divided the market segments into white line, sound and images, mobile phones, and computers for better evaluation of the market. The overview on opportunities and future forecast helps the clients analyze the future course of direction and major growth areas of the industry.
Brazil is ranked as the third most attractive consumer electronics market from investment point of view among the E7 countries (including China, India, Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, Mexico and Turkey). The Brazilian consumer electronics market increased with CAGR of 8.69% for the period spanning 2002-2006.
In the white line category, washing machines and freezers will grow substantially during the forecasted period (2007-2011) as the penetration of these products is low in the country.
In the sound and images category, there is still a lot of potential for the growth of the TV and DVD sales as the number of households is increasing and people are looking for new and innovative products. Same is true for mobile phones - in Brazil; the penetration rate of mobile phones was low at just 53 mobile phones per 100 inhabitants in 2006, leaving great scope for companies to play in the market.
The continuous development and digital technologies are revolutionizing the consumer electronics industry. Moreover, the continuously falling prices of consumer electronics with increasing disposable income are giving reasons to more consumers to spend on electronics products and this is indicating that the consumer electronics industry has bright future ahead in Brazil.
- Washing machines, freezers, and personal computers are among the consumer electronics with low penetration rates, indicating ample room for growth in sales in the medium-term.
- In terms of sales volume, refrigerators will have the highest sales followed by washing machines in the whine line goods during the forecasted period (2007-2011).
- In the images and sound segment, the DVD sales will increase with the CAGR value of 8% and have the largest market in terms of volume by 2011.
- Retailer credit will play a critical role in driving the consumer electronics sales coming from the lower socio-economic segments. Although price will also continue to be a key driver, financing options such as installment plans will drive the penetration into these segments.
- It is expected that per head disposable income in Brazil will increase at a CAGR of 1.38% during 2007-2011 and will push the consumer electronics market in the country.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- How is the Brazil consumer electronics industry performing?
- What is the market scenario of the consumer electronics industry by products?
- What are the factors critical to the success of Brazil consumer electronics industry?
- What are the opportunity areas that exist in the industry?
- What is the future outlook of the industry?
- Who are the major players in the Brazil consumer electronics industry?
Research Methodology Used