RNCOS report “Brazil Biofuel Market Outlook (2007-2010)" provides research and objective analysis of Brazilian biofuel industry. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and evaluate the factors that are critical to the success of biofuel industry in Brazil. Government support, environmental objectives, diversity & security of fuel remain the major market forces for Brazil biofuel industry.
Brazil Biofuel Industry
Biofuel industry in Brazil is on high growth trajectory. Apart from being the largest sugarcane producer, Brazil has also been able to make its mark in ethanol production. In 2005, Brazil produced a total of 16.821 Billion Liter of ethanol, while its sugarcane production for 2005-06 stood at 423 Million Metric Tons. The huge availability of raw material for ethanol production has made Brazil a cost-effective ethanol producer in the world.
- Environmental (climate change), along with diversity & security of energy supply, remain the primary driving forces
for Brazil’s biofuel industry.
- Growth of ethanol production in Brazil during 2007-2010 is likely to attain CAGR of 8.48%.
- Growing Brazil biofuel industry has the potential to create new opportunities for sustainable rural development in
- Cost analysis of Brazil ethanol production.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Energy consumption pattern in Brazilian energy market.
- Reasons for tremendous growth in ethanol market in Brazil and potential challenges for the future growth of
sugarcane-based ethanol production.
- Performance of Brazilian biofuel industry in transportation and power sector.
- Other sources of ethanol production.
- Trade of hydrous and anhydrous ethanol.
- Opportunities in Brazil biofuel industry.
- Future production of biofuel in Brazil.
- Challenging factors for the growth of biofuel industry in Brazil.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about the major ethanol producers currently operating in the Brazil biofuel industry such as Copersucar, COSAN, Crystalsev, Petrobras, São Martinho S.A, and ARALCO.
Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments, and access to more than 3000 paid databases are the sources of information being referred to for gathering credible and reliable information on this industry.
Analysis methods applied include Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.