Standing on the threshold of a retail revolution and witnessing a fast changing retail landscape, the Indian footwear market is set to experience the phenomenal growth in coming years. In past few years too, the market has seen robust growth, says “Indian Footwear Industry Analysis”, a recent report by RNCOS. This report provides extensive research and in-depth analysis on the Indian footwear market. The detailed data and analysis given in the report will help the client to evaluate the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the footwear market in India.
The forecasts and estimations given in this report are not based on a complex economic model, but are intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move. This forecast is based on a correlation between past market growth and growth of base drivers.
- The Indian footwear retail market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 20% for the period spanning from 2008 to 2011.
- Footwear is expected to comprise about 60% of the total leather exports by 2011 from over 38% in 2006-07.
- Presently, the Indian footwear market is dominated by Men’s footwear market that accounts for nearly 58% of the total Indian footwear retail market.
- By products, the Indian footwear market is dominated by casual footwear market that makes up for nearly two-third of the total footwear retail market.
- As footwear retailing in India remain focused on men’s shoes, there exists a plethora of opportunities in the exclusive ladies’ and kids’ footwear segment with no organized retailing chain having a national presence in either of these categories.
- The Indian footwear market scores over other footwear markets as it gives benefits like low cost of production, abundant raw material, and has huge consumption market.
- The footwear component industry also has enormous opportunity for growth to cater to increasing production of footwear of various types, both for export and domestic market.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Where India stands in the global footwear market?
- What are the advantages that Indian footwear market gives?
- What is the past and future performance of Indian footwear market?
- Which are the fastest growing products of Indian footwear market?
- What are the growth prospects of the Indian footwear market?
- What are the key challenges for the footwear market?
- What is the present status of ethnic footwear market in India?
- Who are the key players in the Indian footwear market?
This section provides business overview and financial status of key players in the Indian footwear market. The key players discussed in the report are Bata India Ltd., Liberty Shoe Ltd., Khadim India Ltd., Adidas AG, NIKE Inc. and Puma AG.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis method includes ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.