The report "Philippines Food, Beverages and Tobacco Market Forecast till 2011" by RNCOS is a work of in-depth study and evaluation of the past, current, and future market trends in the Food, Beverage and Tobacco industry of the Philippines. This report has been made to help clients in analyzing the opportunities, challenges and drivers critical to the growth of the industry in the East Asian country.
The report provides detailed overview of the consumption patterns of the Philippines in various food segments like consumption of milk, fruits, vegetables, meat etc. The beverage segment talks about the type of beverages, their sales and consumption patterns among Philippines while the tobacco segment provides a brief description of the tobacco industry in the country.
Key Findings of the Report
- Consumer expenditure on food, beverages and tobacco has increased strongly during 2001-2006 at a CAGR of 9.8% and it is expected to rise at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2007 to 2011.
- Rise in the number of working women, longer working hours and more diverse eating habit has resulted in high consumption of ready-to-eat meals.
- With the growing middle class population and changing lifestyle, the demand for organic food has increased considerably over the past few years and the annual growth rate is estimated at 10-20%.
- Surging disposable incomes, demand for imported alcoholic beverages along with flavored alcoholic beverages is increasing.
- Inadequate water supply along with healthy drink concerns have led to the growth in bottled water industry. It is predicted that the industry will move ahead at a CAGR of 15-18% in the coming few years.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed in the Report
- What is the market size of the Philippines food, beverage & tobacco industry?
- What is the scenario of various segments of food & beverages industry?
- What are the factors driving the Philippines food, beverage & tobacco industry?
- What are the key opportunity areas and issues to be addressed?
- Who are the major players (both domestic and foreign) of the industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the brief profiling about the major players in the Philippines Food, Beverage & Tobacco Industry, including San Miguel Corporation, Jollibee Foods Corporation, Pancake House, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., and Philip Morris USA Inc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.