“Global Vaccine Market Outlook (2007-2010)” is an extensive market research report by RNCOS that gives an objective analysis on the global vaccine market. It covers both past and current performance of the market, as well as highlights the trends that are expected to impact the future of the market.
The global vaccine market, which was earlier thought as a low margin, low growth industry, is currently attracting the interest of all major pharmaceutical giants. The market is presently witnessing growth rates much faster than the traditional pharmaceutical market; and with many new blockbuster potential vaccines likely to hit the market in future, the growth is only expected to increase.
The biggest factor driving the vaccine market is its potential to prevent deaths due to diseases. Vaccines have eradicated many life-threatening diseases and many more vaccines are in the pipeline, which may serve as future life saviors (particularly those for several types of cancers which are expected to be launched around 2008). However, several challenges still remain, one of the biggest being the wide gap between the developed and the developing world in terms of accessibility and quality of vaccines.
- Growing at the rate of 16.52%, global vaccine market is expected to reach US$ 21.05 Billion by 2010.
- Cancer and addiction vaccines will grow rapidly through 2010.
- At present, pediatric vaccines occupy a higher market share but in future, this segment will loose its share to the adult, therapeutic and influenza vaccine segments.
- The US is the largest market globally for vaccines followed by Europe.
- Flu vaccines have huge demand at present and all major vaccine manufacturers are investing in the segment.
- Vaccines have been found to be more profitable than the generic pharmaceutical drugs but fetch fewer margins than branded drugs.
- The global vaccine market, in its bid to reduce costs and time to market, is likely to drive the global drug discovery CRO market.
Key Issues Analyzed
- Evaluation of past, current and future market trends.
- Discussion on major vaccines and their markets.
- Future forecast of major vaccines.
- Analysis of various challenges and opportunities for the industry.
- Categories of players operating in the market along with their business profiles.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.