The report “Asia Pacific Biotechnology Market (2007-2010)” provides an updated and detailed overview of the Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry. It examines the emerging trends and provides exclusive forecasts and segment-wise snapshots of the Biotechnology industry in the region. The report also presents the information regarding the government policies on Biotechnology and region-wise Bioclusters in the Asia-Pacific countries.
- Growing at an estimated CAGR of 11.23% between 2004 and 2006, the expected value of Asia-Pacific Biotechnology
market by 2006 end is more than US$ 39.16 Billion.
- Japan, China, and Taiwan are the largest Biotechnology markets in the Asia-Pacific region that had a combined
market share of nearly 76% in 2006.
- The Asia-pacific region will emerge as a key destination for clinical trials & stem cell research.
- Biotechnology will play an important role in agriculture sector by developing large number of genetically
modified (GM) crops.
- Biopharma industry, comprising of vaccines, therapeutics, diagonostics and other products, will emerge as a major
segment of the Asia-Pacific Biotech industry.
- The Biotechnology industry in the Asia-pacific region is largely dependent on the government with very little private
participation in most of the countries.
- Lack of venture funding remains a major challenge for Asia-Pacific Biotechnology companies.
- The Contract Research industry in India could reach as high as US$ 270 Million by 2009.
- The Japanese Government, which was earlier accused of shielding its domestic companies, has now opened its doors
for foreign investment.
- Opaque government policies and regulations in China are acting as a major hurdle for foreign participation
in the biotechnology market.
Key Issues and Facts
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to your success in the emerging Biotechnology indutry in Asia-Pacific:
- What are the market trends in the Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry?
- A in sight into the Biotechnology industries of Japan, China, India, Korea, Australia, Taiwan, New Zealand, and Singapore.
- The role played by the goverments in Asia-Pacific in promoting their respective Biotech industries.
- An overview of Bioclusters in the Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry.
- Key sectors in the Asia-Pacific biotechnology industry.
- Course of market growth for the next 5 years.
- Opportunities that can be leveraged by the Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry.
- Forces that are working in favor of Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry.
- Issues confronted by the Asia-Pacific Biotechnology industry.
Information has been sourced from various authentic sources, like books, newspapers, trade journals and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis (using software tools), Judgmental Forecasting, and Cause and Effect Analysis.