Automotive industry is the growing at an unprecedented speed in Asian region in the world, primarily due to a saturating automotive industry of western world. China, India, & ASEAN (Association of South-East Asian Nations) countries are the major driving markets for Asian automotive industry. RNCOS report “Asian Automotive Industry Outlook (2007-2011)” provides an objective analysis on Asian Automotive industry to explore the potential opportunities and challenges faced by the industry.
- Low cost vehicles are driving the growth of automotive industry in emerging economy, such as China & India. It offers immense opportunities for global players in these economies.
- Asian countries, such as Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia are expected to be the potential markets for automotives due to AFTA
ASEAN Free Trade Area).
- From long-term perspective, cheap financing and prices discounts, rising income levels, and infrastructure developments will drive the growth in
majority of the Asian automotive market.
- Thailand is emerging as a manufacturing hub for foreign automotive players due to AFTA under which export tariff are very less.
- Poor infrastructure is affecting the growth pattern in Asian automotive industry e.g. commercial vehicles dominates Indonesian and two wheelers Sri Lankan automotive market due to the poor roads.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Performance of automotive industry in major Asian countries.
- What opportunities exist for the automobile players in Asian automotive industry?
- Major challenges and driving forces for Asian automotive industry.
- Who are the major competitors in global and Asian passenger car industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about major players operating in the Asian automotive industry, such as General Motors, Toyota, Ford, Nissan Motor Company Ltd., Honda and Hyundai.
Research Methodology Used
The information in the report has been taken from authentic and reliable sources like Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments, and Access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The following methods have been used to analyze the report: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.