The Indian women apparel market has undergone a transformational phase over the past few years - growing number of working women, changing fashion trends, rising level of information and media exposure, and entry of large number of foreign brands have given the industry a new dimension. As a result, various industry majors operating in men apparel segment have now started to diversify themselves into women wear in order to exploit the highly lucrative market that was estimated at more than Rs. 37,000 Crore in 2007. The market, in the past five years, posted a growth rate of good 14%. And with the growing presence of organized retail and rapidly spreading mall culture, the industry is all set to grow further in future, according to "Women Wear Market Forecast to 2010”, a research report by RNCOS.
The report provides extensive research and rational analysis on the women apparel market in India. It underlines various factors responsible for the growth of women apparel market in India and helps to explore the opportunities associated with it. The research gives an insight into the changing market dynamics and identifies the potential segments in the overall women apparel market.
- Increasing at a CAGR of over 17%, women apparel market is expected to cross Rs. 61,000 Crore by 2010.
- Branded women apparel market is projected to rise at a rate close to 25% and surpass Rs. 18,000 Crore by 2010.
- Premium segment apparel is forecasted to account for close to 20% of total women apparel market by 2010.
- Western wear, along with lingerie, will emerge as the fastest growing segment.
- Organized players are expected to account for over 40% lingerie market by 2009.
- Demand for textile and apparel machinery is anticipated to increase at more than 100% till 2011.
- Demand for ready-made garments in rural market is projected to hit a CAGR of around 16.50% by 2010.
Key Issues & Facts
- What is the market size and scope of women’s apparel market in India?
- What is the position of the Indian apparel industry by volume, value and segments?
- What are the current market trends?
- What is the segment-wise performance of the women apparel industry?
- Which factors are driving growths in the sector?
- What are the various challenges and opportunities for the industry?
This section covers the business overview and financials of major domestic and international players currently operating in the Indian women apparel industry, including Provogue India Ltd., Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd., Page Industries, and Donna Karan International Inc.
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.