RNCOS’ recent report, “China Steel Industry Analysis (2006)”, provides extensive research and objective analysis on China Steel Industry. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities critical to the success of the steel industry in china. Detailed data and analysis helps potential investors navigate the evolving steel market in China.
China Steel Industry
This section provides detail analysis of China Steel industry, which has witnessed phenomenal growth in the last five years. In the year 2005, total steel production reached 349.5 million tons. China accounts for 31% of total global steel demand. Government support & economic growth is propelling growth in the Chinese steel industry. Although, with some recent mergers & acquisitions, Chinese steel industry consolidated, but with a total of 871 global steel producers, it remains largely fragmented.
- In the recent past, China has emerged as a major growth driver in the global steel industry. Since 1989, china has contributed 56% of the global steel industry’s growth.
- Huge government support, in form of subsidies, has fuelled the creation of the world’s largest steel industry.
- Although China is the world’s largest steel consumer (31% of global steel consumption), but still its steel consumption is not at its peak.
- Chinese high import depends on Cold Rolled sheets, Galvanized sheets & Electrical sheets due to imbalance in product mix that offers great
opportunity for global steel players.
- Overcapacity & structural problem is a big challenge that Chinese steel industry needs to tackle for future growth.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Demand Supply analysis.
- Opportunities for the steel manufacturers in china steel industry
- Major challenges & driving forces for Chinese steel industry
- Major competitors in Chinese steel industry
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the China steel industry, including Baosteel, Tangshan Iron & Steel Co, Wuhan Iron and Steel, Jinan Iron & Steel, Panzhihua New Steel & Vanadium Company & Laiwu Iron & Steel Co.
Information has been sourced from namely, Books, Newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.