RNCOS "China Retail Sector Analysis (2006-2007)" report provides extensive research and objective analysis on China Retail Industry. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities critical to the success of future success of retail industry in china. Detailed data and analysis helps potential investors navigate the evolving market of Retail in China.
China Retail Industry
This section provides the detail analysis of China retailing industry, which has witnessed phenomenal growth in last few years. In year 2005, total retail sales reaches to 755 billion USD. Although organized retail only accounts 20% of total retail sales but with the deregulation of retail in china due to WTO share of organized retail expected to go up. Economic growth, increasing purchasing power & consumer behavior remain the major growth drivers.
China retail – Retail Formats
Retail format covers the most popular & successful retail format in china, which includes the hypermarket & supermarkets, Departmental stores Etc. It helps to analyze the sales growth of Chinas retail formats.
- As per the research, it was found that Department stores & Convenience Stores registered sales growth rate of 25.7% & 35.6% respectively in year 2005.
- Second- and third-tier cities and inland regions in china are going to be the next big retail markets for the retailers.
- Large base of strong middle class expected to double in 2020 will drive the future growth of Chinas retail market.
- Mergers & Acquisitions among retailers are gathering pace in China for the future expansion & consolidation & also to sort out the barriers such as insufficient supply chain.
- China’s retail market is highly fragmented. In 2005, Top 100 retailers account only 10.5% of total retail industry.
Key issues and facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to success of China retail industry in general
- Future Potential of the industry.
- Who are the key competitors in the China Retail Industry?
- What opportunities exist for the organized retailers in China?
- What will be the major driving forces for the industry?
- What are the major regional retail markets?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about players currently operating in the China retail industry including Shanghai Bailian Group, Beijing Gome Electric, Carrefour, Wal-Mart Stores, Wuhan Zhongbai Group, and China Paradise Electronics Retail Ltd etc.
Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations. Monitoring Industry News and developments, Access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.