Ideas That Generate Results
India Retail Sector Analysis (2006-2007)
Indian retailing industry has seen phenomenal growth in the last five years (2001-2006). Organized retailing has finally emerged from the shadows of unorganized retailing and is contributing significantly to the growth of Indian retail sector. RNCOS’ “India Retail Sector Analysis (2006-2007)” report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the success of retail industry in India.
- Organized retail will form 10% of total retailing by the end of this decade (2010).
- From 2006 to 2010, the organized sector will grow at the CAGR of around 49.53% per annum.
- Cultural and regional differences in India are the biggest challenges in front of retailers. This factor deters the retailers in India from adopting a single retail format.
- Hypermarket is emerging as the most favorable format for the time being in India.
- The arrival of multinationals will further push the growth of hypermarket format, as it is the best way to compete with unorganized retailing in India.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and the facts that are critical to the success of Indian retail industry in general & organized retail industry in particular.
- Evaluation of current market trends.
- Profile discussion of key players in this sector.
- Analysis of various challenges and opportunities before the industry.
Key Highlights of the Report
- What is the market size and scope of the Organized Retail in India?
- What and where are the growth prospects and issues related to the industry?
- What are the factors driving growth in this sector?
- Size of organized market segment wise and its growth prospects.
- Who are the major players in Indian Retail Industry, their presence and strategies being used by them and their market positioning?
- What are the opportunities & challenges in front of the retailers in India and emerging
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key players currently operating in the Indian retail industry including Future Group, Trent Ltd, RPG Enterprise, Vishal Retail Ltd, Shoppers Stop Ltd, Bata India Ltd, Provogue India Ltd, Videocon Appliances Ltd., I.T.C. Ltd, Godrej Agrovert Ltd, and DCM - Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.