Ideas That Generate Results
Opportunities in Indian Healthcare Sector
RNCOS’ report “Opportunities in Indian Healthcare Sector” provides extensive research and objective analysis on the Healthcare Sector in India. This report has been written to help clients in analyzing the opportunities critical to the growth of healthcare market in India. Detailed data and analysis will help the investors to comprehend the changing dynamics of the Healthcare Industry.
- Healthcare industry is the world's largest industry with total revenues of approx US$ 2.8 Trillion (2005).
- India's high population makes it an important player in the Healthcare Industry. According to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, the Indian healthcare industry has the potential to show the same exponential growth that the software industry showed in the past decade.
- In India, 80% of the healthcare expenditure is borne by the patients and that borne by the state is 12%. The expenditure covered by insurance claims is 3%. As a result, the price sensitivity is quite high and the high-level healthcare facilities are not in the reach of patients.
- Among the top five therapeutic segments, gastro-intestinal and cardiac therapies are experiencing both high volume and value growth. Opthologicals, cardiovascular, anti-diabetic and neurological drugs continue to top the growth list. The anti-infective, neurology, cardiovascular and anti-diabetic segments have witnessed a high number of new product launches in the recent years.
- With increasing number of non-insured population in western countries and increasing healthcare expenditure to GDP resulting in people to opt for treatment options out side their country.
- Medical Tourism in India will be one of the major sources for foreign exchange.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and the facts that are critical to business success, such as:
- What are the emerging trends in the Healthcare sector in India?
- What are the regulations and the policies environment in the industry?
- What is the future scenario of the Healthcare Market in India?
- Who are the Key players in the Healthcare Market in India?
- What opportunities exist for the Healthcare Market?
- What Challenges are faced by the industry?
- How is the market affected by the other factors prevailing in the economy?
- Trends in Indian Medical Tourism Industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides the overview, key facts, financial information, future plans and business strategies of prominent players in the Indian Healthcare Market like Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd, Fortis Healthcare Ltd, Max India Ltd and SRL Ranbaxy.
Information has been sourced from many sources like books, newspapers, trade journals and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, industry news and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.