The report "South Korean Food, Beverages and Tobacco Market Forecast till 2011" by RNCOS is a work of in-depth study and evaluation of the past, current, and future market trends in the Food, Beverage and Tobacco industry of South Korea. This report has been made to help clients in analyzing the opportunities, challenges and drivers critical to the growth of the industry in the East Asian country.
The report provides detailed overview of the consumption patterns of South Koreans in various food segments, like consumption of milk, fruits, vegetables, meat etc; the beverage segment talks about the type of beverages, their sales and consumption patterns among South Koreans; and the tobacco segment provides brief description of the tobacco industry in the country.
For the purpose of this report, following conversion rate has been taken:
1 WON = 0.00108368 US$
Key Findings of the Report
- Consumer expenditure by South Koreans on food, beverages and tobacco reached to US$ 82.7 Billion in 2006 and is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of approx. 8% during 2007 to 2011.
- In wealthier markets, environmental concerns have added sustainability to consumer demand for healthy and convenient products.
- Increasing affluence and changing lifestyles have fostered greater consumption of processed foods and beverages in South Korea.
- Organic food market is forecasted to swell at a CAGR of 22.5% during the period 2005 to 2010.
- Despite limited trade liberalization, the inability of domestic producers to meet the burgeoning demand for variety means prospects for processed product imports are bright over the medium-term.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed in the Report:
- Market size of the South Korean food, beverage and tobacco industry.
- In-depth analysis of various segments of food and beverages.
- Study of factors that are driving South Korean food, beverage and tobacco industry.
- Dissemination of key opportunity areas and issues to be addressed.
- Brief profiling of major players (both domestic and foreign) of the industry.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the brief profiling about the major players in the South Korean Food, Beverage and Tobacco industry, including Nongshim, Lotte Confectionery Co. Ltd, Jinro Distillers Co. Ltd, Doosan, Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co. Ltd., Nestlé, KT&G, British American Tobacco and Philip Morris USA Inc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.