RNCOS report "Hybrid Cars Market Outlook" provides extensive research and objective analysis of the global hybrid car industry. This report will help clients to analyze the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of hybrid car industry at global level. Detailed data and analysis will help the potential investors to navigate through the evolving market for hybrid cars. This report reviews the market status and outlook for hybrid technology.
In 2006, hybrid vehicles had the limited presence in the world, but the technology has potential to register itself as the mainstream one. The only limiting factor in wide acceptance of hybrids is their high cost.
- US remains the largest hybrid car market that accounted for nearly 70% of global hybrid sales in 2005 largely
due to high oil prices & increased environmental awareness.
- Mass adoption of hybrid cars especially in US will provide immense opportunities for the hybrid players.
- Toyota & Honda are the leading players in the global hybrid market. In global hybrid car industry, strategies
differ from player to player, Toyota, for example, aims to offer a full lineup of models by emphasizing on
the output power of its hybrid system whereas Honda concentrates on the development of small cars.
- Because of their higher initial cost, the market share of hybrids is likely to be limited to half or less than half
of all light-duty vehicles even in the long-run, unless policy and market conditions change significantly in its favor.
Key Issues and Facts
- What are the success & sensitivity factors for the industry?
- What will be the major driving forces for the industry?
- What opportunities exist for the hybrid manufacturer at global level?
- Who are the key competitors in the global hybrid car industry?
- Future potential of the industry.
This section provides a complete overview of key players including Azure Dynamics, BAE Systems, Daimler Chrysler, UQM Technologies, Torvec, Enova Systems, Eaton, Toyota and Honda.
Research Methodology Used
The information has been compiled from authentic and reliable sources like Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments, and Access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods like Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis have been used in the report for prudent analysis.