RNCOS’ "Digital Rights Management: Opportunities (2006)" report provides extensive research and objective analysis on global Digital Rights Management market. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the future success of DRM technology. Detailed statistics and analysis helps potential investors to navigate through the evolving market opportunities in the potential areas of application of DRM technology at the global level.
Global DRM Market
This section provides a detailed overview of the global DRM market, which includes the application areas of DRM technology such as mobile content, media, financial Industry etc. Mobile content especially ring tones & gaming are expected to be the major drivers in the mobile content application area. Media is another industry, which has a potentially large application market. The report highlights that mis-match in ideas within the DRM industry remains the major hurdle for the success of DRM Market.
- Consumer demands for licensed digital media & content (In 2008, near 5 Bn songs and 38 Mn feature-length films are expected to be downloaded) will drive the digital right management market in future.
- Growth Of DRM largely depends upon the balance between fair compensation for the creators of digital content and the rights of end-users to access and use the information they need.
- The lack of common standards remains a problem that must be overcome if DRM is to serve the industry on a mass scale.
- There is a lack of common consensus on the different strategies for content piracy. The content development industry, (which consists of the recording industry and the movie studios), has repeatedly emphasized the need for immediate DRM solutions that stop all unauthorized copying. Meanwhile, the information technology industry is emphasizing that DRM solutions should support the concept of "fair use," which allows consumers to make copies of some types of copyrighted content for their personal use.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to the success of DRM technology in general.
- What are likely to be the potential application areas of DRM in future ?
- Who are the key competitors in the global DRM Industry?
- What opportunities exist for the DRM Technology?
- What will be the major driving forces for the industry?
- What are the major barriers in Digital Right Management?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about the global players currently operating in the DRM market, which includes Adobe, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Sony, Real Networks, VeriSign, Philips Electronics N.V. and Thomson Corporation.
Research Methodology Used
All information incorporated in the report has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, and trade associations. The report makes use of data made accessible from more than 3000 paid databases and through news developments in the industry.
Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis have chiefly been employed for data and information analysis.