The convenience store industry in Asia has shown tremendous growth over the past few years, making the region No. 1 in convenience store development across the world. The rapid economic development, along with the booming retail industry, has been propelling the growth of convenience store industry across the Asian continent. Moreover, the increasing share of modern retail outlets and emerging trends in organized retailing are anticipated to drive the growth of convenience stores in Asia in near future, says “Asian Convenience Store Market Forecast to 2010”, a research report by RNCOS.
The report provides extensive research on the growing convenience store market in Asia and highlights various technologies that are rapidly making their way into the Asian convenience stores. It provides insight into the convenience store industry across various countries in Asia and brief overview of the consumer behavior in those countries. The report helps the clients to analyze the trends in convenience store retailing across Asia and identify the key emerging markets in the region. Future growth areas and roadblocks evaluated in the research report will help the clients to align their business strategies as per the changing market dynamics in the region.
For the purpose of this research report, Asia includes: Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Japan and Indonesia.
- Share of modern retail sales in Asia increased to 52% in 2007 from 41% in 2001.
- Modern retail trade in Asia is expected to account for 54% of the total retail industry by 2010.
- Total retail sales in Asia is projected to reach around US$ 5.3 Trillion by 2013, with more than 80% of retail sales concentrated in three countries namely Japan, China and India.
- North Asia accounts for close to 90% of the Asian convenience store industry.
- Convenience store density is highest in Japan and Taiwan, with more than 300 stores per million people.
- In future, Indonesia, Vietnam and India are expected to be the potential convenience store markets.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Different retail formats (traditional and modern) in Asia.
- Market size of the Asian convenience store industry.
- Country-wise analysis of the convenience store industry.
- Factors responsible for the growth of convenience store industry in Asia.
- Study of consumer behavior in different Asian countries.
This section covers the key facts about the major players currently operating in the Asian convenience store industry, such as 7-Eleven Inc, Tesco PLC, Taiwan FamilyMart Co. Ltd. and Lawson Inc.