The Indian men’s apparel industry is expected to burgeon at a CAGR of 14.86% from 2008 to 2010, according to new research report "Booming Men Apparel Market in India" by RNCOS. The report gives an insight into the expanding men’s apparel industry in India. It has been made to help clients in analyzing the opportunities, challenges and drivers critical to the success of men apparel industry.
The report segments the men’s apparel industry into sub-sectors to provide a detailed overview of past and current performance (both in value and volume terms) of each segment. The segment-wise future outlook given in the report will help clients to identify the future growth spots and the niche markets to target.
The report helps clients to understand the Indian consumer behavior and their preferences and various distribution channels existing in the Indian market. In the backdrop of market trends, potential future growth areas, and challenges for the industry, RNCOS has given some recommendations for making it easier for clients to adjust their strategies according to the market and align them with changing market scenario.
- Men’s apparel industry will increase at a CAGR of 14.86% during the two-year period from 2008 to 2010.
- The demand for ready-made garments in rural India will surge at a CAGR of 16.50% to reach Rs. 42918 Crore by 2010.
- Increasing at a CAGR of 24%, branded apparel industry for men will cross Rs. 25,000 Crore by 2010.
- Per capita GDP spending on apparel increased to 5.8% in 2006 from 4.9% in 2003.
- In 2007, men’s apparel industry was mainly dominated by shirts (in value terms) accounting for 36.5% of total men’s segment.
- The Indian fashion industry is expected to rise at a stupendous pace of 22.67% through 2012 from 2007.
Key Issues & Facts
- What is the landscape of the Indian apparel industry by volume and value?
- What is the market size and scope of men’s apparel industry in India?
- What are the current market trends?
- Which factors are fuelling growth in this industry?
- Which challenges and opportunities exist for the industry?
- What is the business profile of key players operating in the industry?
This section covers the business and financial profiles of domestic and major international players operating in the Indian men apparel industry, like Madura Garments, Provogue India Ltd., Raymond Apparel Ltd., Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd., Levi Strauss & Co. etc.
Information has been sourced from various credible sources, namely books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.