The leading market research firm RNCOS has launched its latest analysis work "Chinese Consumer Electronics Market till 2011" to give a rational overview on the Chinese consumer electronics market. The market research report evaluates the factors vital to the development and success of consumer electronics industry in the country. It looks into the past and current market scenario to present a future outlook of the market. The report has thoroughly examined the key issues threatening the industry and gives possible solutions to tackle these issues. This prudent study will help the client in dissecting the future course of direction and identify the major growth areas of the industry.
For the purpose of this report, the market has been divided into various segments - Home Appliances, Sound & Images, Mobile Phones, and Personal Computers.
Among the E7 developing countries, China is ranked as the most attractive consumer electronics market from investment point of view. Its consumer electronics market increased at a CAGR of 11.71% during 2002-2006 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during the forecasted period (2007-2011).
The market is becoming increasingly crowded. To be more competitive, companies are shifting their research and production towards more advanced products, such as Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) TVs, digital TVs, DVD recorders and digital cameras with eight-megapixel or higher resolution.
On the consumption front, the continuously falling prices of consumer electronics together with increasing disposable income is giving reasons to consumers to spend more on electronics products. These factors indicate a bright future for the consumer electronics industry in China.
- In terms of sales volume, TV will post the highest sales followed by washing machines in the home appliances segment during the forecasted period. (2007-2011).
- In the sound and images segment, Portable Media Player (PMP) and Digital Video Camera sales will increase with the highest CAGR values of 39.43% and 15.21% respectively during 2007-2011.
- Mobile Phones and Personal Computers are among the consumer electronics with low penetration rates, indicating ample room for growth in sales in the medium-term.
- Retailer credit will play a critical role in extending consumer electronics to the lower socio-economic segment, thereby increasing sales from this segment. Although price will continue to be a key driver, financing options such as installment plans will drive penetration into these segments.
- It is expected that per head disposable income in China will increase during 2007-2011 at a CAGR of 12.28%, thus spurring growth in the consumer electronics market.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- How is the China consumer electronics industry performing?
- What is the market scenario of the consumer electronics industry by products?
- What are the factors critical to the success of industry?
- What are the opportunity areas for the industry?
- What is the future outlook of the industry?
- Who are the major players in the China consumer electronics industry and how are they performing?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.