The report "Brazil IT and Outsourcing Industry Forecast to 2011” by RNCOS provides extensive research and rational analysis on the Information Technology (IT) outsourcing industry in Brazil and analyzes the opportunities and factors critical to the success of the IT industry in the region. It underlines the issues related to the success of the industry and provides a prudent analysis on its various aspects. It is a comprehensive overview of the past and current performance of the IT industry, including software, hardware and services industry.
The report evaluates the factors, like better manpower services at relatively low cost and huge potential for the foreign investors to invest in the ICT sector, that define why companies are opting Brazil as an outsourcing or rather offshore development hub.
The issues related to human capital and the IT professional cost provides an overview to compare the Brazil outsourcing industry with respect to other emerging outsourcing destinations across the globe.
For the purpose of this report, IT market has been defined as the total spending on IT industry, including spending on hardware, software and software services market.
- Brazil software and service exports are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 35.72% from 2007 to 2010.
- Hardware industry in Brazil climbed up at a CAGR of 18.93% from 2004-2006.
- Low cost outsourcing services and qualified talent pool are driving the industry.
- The burgeoning IT industry provides opportunities to consultancy firms, R&D centers and ICT industry.
- With the development of IT outsourcing industry, enormous opportunities emerge in the ICT industry and education service market for the global as well as domestic players.
Key Issues & Facts
- How big is the Brazil IT industry?
- What are the current IT industry trends in Brazil?
- What are the factors that are critical to the success of IT outsourcing?
- What are the various challenges and opportunities for the industry?
- How is the low cost and cultural proximity driving the IT outsourcing industry?
- Who are the key players in the industry?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.