RNCOS report, "US Steel Industry Outlook (2007)", provides extensive research and objective analysis of US steel Industry. This report helps clients to analyze the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of steel industry in US. Detailed data and analysis will help the potential investors, businesses, analysts, and other individuals and organizations to navigate through the evolving market for steel.
US Steel industry has prospered and geographically diversified along with the economic growth in the United States. Past decade had been quite tough for the industry because of the adverse market conditions and inherent problems of the Steel industry. This report by RNCOS undertakes a detailed analysis of the forces that have shaped the US Steel industry in order to predict the future trend and prospects.
- In year 2006, US steel production grew by 3.8% as compared to year 2005. Whereas, US steel production level in year 2005
remains same as compare to year 2004 due to high level of inventories & high steel prices.
- US steel imports are dramatically increasing resulting in steel trade deficit. In 2006, imports increased 34% by value terms.
- US Steel industry is closely linked with domestic economic growth & global steel market situation. The economics of the
steel industry has been one of the reasons for its weak performance in the past.
- Demand is expected to rise moderately in future in US steel industry. It is expected that US players’ focus will be upon
capacity utilization rather than capacity addition.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Future potential of the industry.
- Who are the key competitors in the US Steel industry?
- What opportunities exist for the steel manufacturers in United States?
- What are the success & sensitivity factors for the industry?
- What will be the major driving forces for the industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides a complete overview of key players including, Mittal Steel Company N.V., Nucor Corporation, US Steel Corporation, IPSCO, Inc. and Wheeling-Pittsburgh Corporation.
Research Methodology Used
The information has been compiled from authentic and reliable sources like Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, Monitoring Industry News and developments, and Access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods like Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis have been used in the report for prudent analysis.