Vietnam’s insurance market, one of the fastest growing markets in the world, has expanded rapidly over the past few years. And with support from the liberalization post WTO agreements, economic growth, rising incomes and increasing insurance awareness, the market will continue to grow at fast pace in coming years. The life insurance market in Vietnam seems very promising as the country has a population of over 85 Million people, with only eight life insurers, reflecting a low penetration rate. Thus, life insurance market can prove to be a boon for foreign life insurers, says "Vietnam's Insurance Sector Forecast to 2010”.
Exploring the market development and potential, this research report offers a broad overview of the Vietnam’s insurance industry. The forecasts and estimations given in this report are not based on a complex economic model, but are intended as a guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move in future.
Key Findings of the Report
- Vietnam’s insurance industry is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of around 22% during 2008-2010.
- Life insurance is projected to hit a CAGR of about 12.1% during 2008-2010.
- Investment-linked insurance products will decide the future of life insurance industry in the country.
- The non-life insurance industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 29% during 2008-2010.
- Energy price, export credit, medical, agriculture and expatriate healthcare insurance are some of the key opportunity areas for non-life insurers in Vietnam.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed in the Report
- What are the recent developments in the insurance market of Vietnam?
- Which are the fastest growing products?
- What is the consumer attitude towards insurance products?
- How the market is likely to move in future?
- What are the various growth prospects?
- What are the major roadblocks for the market?
Key Players Discussed in the Report
This section provides business overview and financial status of key players in the insurance market of Vietnam, like Prudential Vietnam, Bao Minh and PV Insurance.
Research Methodology Used in the Report
Information given in this report has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
RNCOS industry forecast and analysis is based on various macro- and microeconomic factors, sector and industry specific databases, and our in-house statistical and analytical model. This model takes into account the past and current trends in an economy, and more specifically in an industry, to bring out an objective market analysis.
Our industry experts study the relationship between various industry and economic variables to ensure the required accuracy and desired check on the quality of data and information given in the report.