The RNCOS report “China Automobile Industry Forecast (2006-2010)” is a work of intensive research and objective analysis of the growing automobile industry, service quality, existing players and future prospects in China in global context. This report highlights the China auto industry’s scenario with detailed data and analysis to help investors and global players to identify the leading opportunities in this evolving market.
China Automotive Market
In the past five years, precisely after its accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001, China’s automotive industry has seen a phenomenal growth. This growth was coming from a country with a steadily growing economy since the last 15 years and a vast consumer base. Currently, China is the second largest automotive market after Japan and third largest automotive producing market in the world.
- China’s motor vehicle production and sales increased by 27.32% and 25% over the year 2005 respectively and sales crossed 7 Million Units in 2006.
- China's car consumption showed a CAGR of 54.42% from 2001 to 2005.
- Per 1000 people passenger car penetration of China was around 11 units in 2006. This was significantly lower than other countries.
- Despite the squeezing pollution regulations, the motorcycle production and sales surpassed 21 Million Units mark in 2006.
- Per capita GDP (which is an indicator of the purchasing power) of China has risen steadily. It was less than US$ 1000 in the year 1991 and was around US$ 7600 in 2006.
This section gives an overview of the domestic and international players in the China Auto Industry on the basis of the market capitalization and sales. The main key players discussed in the report are: Volkswagen, Mazda, Nissan Motor Company Ltd., Honda, General Motors, Hyundai Motor Company, Toyota, Suzuki, Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd., Tianjin Faw Xiali Automobile Co., Ltd., Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Demand and supply analysis of China’s auto industry.
- What is the expected growth rate in China passenger car industry?
- What are the drivers for the China’s auto market?
- Who are the key players in the China auto industry?
- What are the opportunities for the players to exist in the Chinese auto market?
- What are the factors that can slowdown the industry growth rate?
Research Methodology Used
The information has been sourced from various sources like Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, and White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations. Monitoring Industry News and developments, and Access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The following analysis methods have been used: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.