RNCOS’ report “Semiconductor Industry (2007-2010)” provides extensive research and objective analysis on the Semiconductor Market, its performance and future prospects. This reports helps the clients to analyze the trends and developments in Semiconductor Market as well as they can gain exclusive insights of Semiconductor industry in eight important countries - China, India, Japan, Taiwan, UK, Germany, France and US.
This report critically examines and provides extensive insights into the state of the Global Semiconductor Industry, including current market size, market segmentation, semiconductor equipment market, forecast across segments, major players and their market shares, end user analysis, regional market analysis, Trend Analysis, key industry drivers etc. It also highlights the success factors and opportunities in the Semiconductor industry.
- The growth in the year 2006 was driven primarily by DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory) and wireless chip sales to telecom equipment manufacturers.
- The Asia-Pacific market has outperformed the global average industry growth due to growing demand. Demand for Products, which use semiconductor such as computers and consumer electronics in China and India is growing, and is leading to escalating demand for semiconductor components.
- The companies had grown impressively by registering high growth rates during 2004 and 2005, for example Samsung Electronics in China grew by over 70% from the year 2004.
- As 300 mm wafers size fabrication is growing in importance, many companies are looking forward to set-up the 300 mm fabrication plant.
- The rise in Automated Test Equipment (ATE) sales during first six months of 2006 was primarily driven by the increased capacity requirements for testers for SOC (System-on-a-chip) and memory, especially flash.
Key Issues and Fact Analyzed
- What are the trends in Global Semiconductor Market with respect to market value, segmentation, Capital Spending, Major Companies, future prospects etc.
- What are the trends in different countries?
- What are the future growth opportunities?
- What are the success factors of WLAN Industry?
- What are the challenges associated with the market?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides the overview about the prominent players in the field of Semiconductors like Intel, Samsung, Hynix, Micron Technology, Toshiba, TSMC Group, Powerchip, AMD, STMicroelectronics, Infineon Technologies, Texas Instruments and NEC Corporation.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.