Earth moving equipments constitute the largest segment in the construction equipment industry. The segment is poised to register a remarkable CAGR of around 21% during 2011-2015, as per our analysis. The earth moving equipments companies manufacture backhoes, excavators, loaders, road rollers, dump trucks, graders, earth rammers, vibratory compactors, etc. It captured around 68% of the entire construction equipment industry in 2010. Around 70% demand of this segment is constituted from the construction industry including power, roads, telecom, urban infrastructure, ports, etc and the rest 30% is constituted from the mining sector. Further, the futuristic trends of Indian construction equipment sector are quite promising with international giants approaching the Indian market to compensate their stagnant market performance in North America and the EU.
According to our research report, “Booming Construction Equipment Market in India”
, the Indian construction equipment industry has been witnessing a consistent double-digit growth over the past few years. Though the economic slowdown had its moderate effects on the industry, it regained momentum in 2010 showing a stupendous growth which is expected to continue in the years to come. The earth-moving segment, in particular, has been driving the overall construction equipment industry in India, with a strong demand emanating from the government-backed infrastructure projects.
The study provides a profound research and rational analysis of the Indian construction equipment industry. It not only presents information and statistics relating to all prominent market segments like earth moving and material handling, but also analyzes the historic, current and upcoming trends to provide balanced market intelligence on the industry. It also throws light on the Indian rental equipment and the equipment financing markets.
Our analysis also approved high growth possibility in the equipment rental industry. Comparatively, impressive growth results in small construction equipment rental market have been noticed during the past few years. Various states in the country took initiative towards smoothening interstate movement of equipments, which benefited rental companies the most. The number of rental companies collaborated with equipment suppliers for equipment maintenance.