RNCOS’ “World Global Positioning Systems Market Forecast (2006-2008)”, report reviews the recent market status, developments and capabilities of Global Positioning Systems (GPS). The implications of technical policies, timely deployment, activities applied and adopted by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and the efforts undertaken by world governments are covered in the report.
The technology in the recent times has made an increasing contribution to the global economy, especially within USA and Japan affecting avionics/aerospace applications, navigational systems related to transportation, vehicle tracking and public safety. The report presents the current role of governments in promoting global competition for GPS-related sales by continents, largely involving regulatory matters such as certification of GPS in safety-of-life applications and export controls on military-grade GPS equipments.
- With more and more affordable GPS receivers and components flooding the market, the worldwide GPS market will reach a value of more than US$ 30 Billion approximately by 2008.
- The people tracking and handset market segments under GPS will have the largest growth rate, of approximately 9%, by 2008
- Use of digital signaling and media broadcasts has increased the demand for the use of network applications fitted with GPS tools, thereby paving the way for cheaper and more reliable GPS devices.
- The key opportunity lies in the field of RFID. However, cost of deployment would be a major deciding factor.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to your success:
- Overall status of the world GPS market in continents
- Current market trends in Europe, US, Japan, China, India, and other countries in detail
- Applications of the GPS technology
- Capabilities and uses of Global Positioning System’s equipment
- Future outlook of the GPS equipment and devices market
- Forces propelling the GPS industry
- Opportunities in GPS market
- Challenges for the growth of GPS market
This section provides a thorough overview, key facts, financials and stock performance of several players like Garmin Ltd, TomTom, Novatel, Rockwell, Trimble, XATA Technology, Raven Industries, Lowrance Electronics etc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.