RNCOS' report "Middle East and Africa Broadband Sector Analysis (2007)” provides extensive research and objective analysis of the Broadband Market in the Middle East and Africa. This report has been written to help clients in analyzing the opportunities critical to the growth of the Broadband market in Middle East and Africa. Detailed data and analysis will help investors to comprehend the rapidly changing dynamics of the Broadband industry.
- The Broadband market across the world is seeing unprecedented growth. Quarterly growth rates in the number of Broadband market across the world in Q1 2005, Q2 2005 and Q3 2005 were 8.65%, 7.33% and 8.43% respectively.
- On a worldwide level some of the countries, which are showing high growth are India, Morocco, Greece, Romania, Croatia, Vietnam, and Turkey etc.
- Middle East and Africa constitute 2 % of the total worldwide broadband Market followed by Eastern Europe at 3%. Middle East and Africa is the fastest growing regions of the world growing by 89.1% between Q1 2005 and Q1 2006
- Digital Subscriber lines or DSL is the dominant technology in the Middle East and the African region with a subscriber base of 3.45 Million in 2005.
- The VSAT market holds great potential in rural and underdeveloped areas wherever there is lack of adequate infrastructure like copper lines for Broadband access.
- Some of the countries in the Middle East and Africa region showing high growth are Turkey, Israel, Morocco, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya and others.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to business success, such as:
- What are the emerging trends in the Broadband sector in Middle East and Africa?
- What is the future outlook of the Broadband market in Middle East and Africa?
- Who are the key players in the Broadband Market in Middle East and Africa?
- What opportunities exist for the Broadband market?
- What challenges are faced by the industry?
- How is the market is affected by other factors prevailing in the economy?
- What are the emerging technologies in the Broadband Sector?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides the overview, key facts financial information future plans and business strategies of prominent players in the Middle East and African Broadband market like Saudi Telecom, Batelco, Omantel, Emirates Integrated Telecom Company, Telkom South Africa, Maroc Telecom and Orascom Telecommunications.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, industry news and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.