The continuous development and digital technologies are revolutionizing the global portable electronics industry worldwide. And with declining price points, better features and growing consumer awareness, more consumers spending on portable electronic products. As a result, the global portable industry recorded a phenomenal year in 2007, as almost all the components of the industry reported growth. Mp3 players, portable game consoles and notebooks remained the fastest growing segment of portable electronic industry. However, in near future, this segment (Mp3 players, portable game consoles and notebooks) is not expected to grow at same pace, says “Global Portable Electronics Market”, a new market research report by RNCOS.
The report gives a forecast on the various components of the industry to help clients evaluate their growth prospects. The forecast in this report is not based on a complex economic model, but is intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the industry is likely to move.
- Global mobile phone shipments grew by 12.3% YOY in 2007 in volume terms. In future, this market will be largely driven by replacement market and strong demand from Asia.
- The global notebook market surged tremendously by 23% YOY in 2007.
- In developed countries such as the US, it is expected that the sales of notebooks will exceed that of desktops for the first time in 2008.
- In general, falling price points, along with enhanced features, stronger consumer awareness and increasing customization, remains the major driving force for the global portable electronics industry.
- Portable in-car navigation system remains highly under-penetrated, providing opportunities to players in portable navigation market.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- What is the current market size of various components of the portable electronics industry?
- What are the factors thrusting growth in the global portable electronic industry?
- What are the potential opportunities and challenges for the industry?
- Where will the global portable electronic industry component heading in future?
Key Players Analyzed
This section details on the business overview and key facts on players like Nokia Corporation, Samsung, Sony Corporation, Apple Computer, Hewlett-Packard Company, Toshiba Corporation, Research In Motion Limited, Eastman Kodak Company, TomTom N.V., etc.
Research Methodology Used
Information given in the report has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analytical methods used in the report are ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting and cause and effect analysis.