RNCOS’ report "European RFID Industry Outlook (2007-2010)" provides extensive research and rational analysis on RFID industry in Europe. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the success of RFID industry in Europe. The report underlines the key issues related to the success of the industry and provides a prudent analysis on its various aspects. The countries that have been analyzed in the report include UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, and others (include France, Finland, Denmark & Rest of Europe).
- Rising consumer awareness and government support is driving the European RFID Industry.
- It is expected that European RFID industry will account for approximately 40% of the global RFID industry by 2016.
- In terms of global RFID projects, UK is the second largest market after US.
- The RFID market continues to expand by research & innovations in various application areas like supply chain and pharmaceuticals.
- In 2006, RFID application in retail and supply chain accounted for 55% of the total Western European RFID industry.
- RFID has become a top priority for many European countries in retail sector in terms of planned IT investment.
- Germany alone is expected to account for 25% of RFID tags usage in retail trade in Europe by 2010.
- Mass transportation is turning out to be a new area for RFID application.
- Wi-Fi in RFID has emerged as an opportunity for the RFID and related vendors.
Key Issues and Facts
The research report addresses the issues and facts critical for the success of RFID industry in Europe, like:
- What are the current industry trends in various European countries?
- What are the future prospects of the RFID industry in Europe?
- What are the various challenges and opportunities before the industry?
- How the rising consumer awareness and increasing government support is driving the European RFID industry?
- What are the initiatives taken by European countries to deploy RFID in various fields?
- Who are the major players in European RFID industry?
This section covers the overview of key players currently operating in the European RFID industry, their key financials, and frequencies in which they are offering RFID tags. These include Siemens AG, AirGATE Technologies, Checkpoint Systems, Inc., Datamax Corp, ADT Security Services, Brooks Automation (Germany) GmbH, BT Auto-ID Services, CIBER, Inc, Intermec, Inc., and NCR Corporation.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting and cause and effect analysis.